06 Apr 5 Reasons why Images are Important !
The common saying “A picture is worth 1000 words” could easily be translated as “A picture is Potentially worth 1000 visits” in today’s Digital World. Some may admit it..the majority will not but most us have now become..frequent Instagrammers. For some.. its the melodic sound of an underground musician.Others.. the beautiful rays of sunshine reflecting on your window or the ..delicious lunch they just grabbed from their local patisserie. Either way, we are all guilty of indulging in capturing the moment and sometimes even sharing it with the world.
With the popularity of Pinterest & Instagram and Pinterest growing daily, it’s no surprise that images are becoming increasingly important for content sharing & viewing. Images generally provide an illustration of a service, product or action hence making the overall experience, more tangible & less demanding on the reader’s attention. But in an ever more progressive world, where applications such as Snapchat and Instagram have become key features of our everyday life, is there a purpose of using photos, images and infographics for Business?
The answer is most definitely YES.
Marketing is All about Communicating your Value to your Customer and consequently good marketing photos are good marketing. It is also however important that your photos fulfil certain criteria in order to increase your engagement:
- Make sure they are demonstrative of what you are saying& in line with your subject matter,
- Create images or infographics of high quality
- Art directed to a targeted specific audience
Photos and images are a vital part of any successful digital strategy, and without them you’ll find your online presence doesn’t have nearly the same impact.
Have a look at the 5 most interesting stats we found online, proving that Images are a key component for any Business or Brand.
- Articles with images get 94% more engagement that articles without them.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business when an image shows up in local search results
- In an E-Commerce site, 67% of consumers say the quality of a product image is “very important” in selecting and purchasing a product
- Engagement rate on Facebook for photos averages 0.37% where text only is 0.27% (this translates to a 37% higher level of engagement for photos over text)
- Including a Photo and a video in a press release increases views by over 45%. Considering the reason you are using PR, this can have an enormous effect on your Brand
Our Graphic Designer created a small image to attach for you below. The reason for it…68% of our Blog visitors spend a significant amount of time on our pics ! As a result, we will now also be building a FlickR stream to link to our Blog with some great Infographics and other images for your convenience !
It seems.. “Seeing may really be Believing” !
With the popularity of Pinterest & Instagram, it’s not a surprise that images are becoming increasingly important for content sharing & viewing. Images illustrate copy so the overall experience is more tangible & less demanding on the reader’s attention. Do you need any help with Image creation? Whether you are looking for banners, posters, wallpapers or anything else, feel free to send me a message here !
Sources: PR NewsWire, National Retails Federation, BrightLocal, CFM Group, JeffBullas.com, Alexa, NewYorkTimes