WIX is quickly emerging as one of the most popular and easy to use website development platforms globally. It is not long ago that a “Wixsite” was a derogatory term for a website but things have since changed dramatically in favour of Wix. We are now – undoubtedly – in the era of “Doing things Yourself” to not only cut costs but also have control of your assets, whatever they may be. and Wix seems to fit that “category” especially when it comes to SME’s and other Small businesses. Whether its the easy templates or the “drag and rop” feature, Wix is rapidly being used by more and more bloggers and small businesses. especially for small business who need a website in order to have a basic identity on the web.
Only recently, I was approached by a friend who chose to create a website with Wix and as his company had now grown, wanted to slightly improve and update it.
WIX has been around since 2006 and have millions of subscribers registered on their monthly paid schemes. Such a high figure, clearly indicates about the popularity and overall acceptance of WIX. I personally believe it is truly a brilliant (cloud based) web design platform especially for start-ups and companies with a small budget and limited digital knowledge. However, having discussed the matter with our In-house web designer, he also agrees that it can be of great use to qualified designers too. Obviously, there will always be some limitations in terms of having full control of the front and back end but it is nonetheless very user friendly and can save a lot of time and hassle.
So let’s have a look at some of Wix websites advantages:
- No hassle or extra work needs to be done from the users side. WIX websites are developed using their software and tools provided and ones website is hosted on the company’s servers. You can manage WIX website using back end admin log in. You don’t need to install anything, buy any other software or get involved in any sort of digital work. It is built exactly on this basis of being easy to use and hence provides the majority of tools required.
- There are over 600 WIX website design templates, thousands of features available for free with industry standard hosting.
- It is tremendously user friendly. This is after all its main USP. WIX focuses on providing an “easy to use” service to users who have limited or no web development experience. It’s intuitive website builder is one of the best available in the web industry.
- They have many different high quality design templates per category and also many categories to make sure they cover your industry. Such categories can be: Business, Web Stores, Photographers, Designers and much more !
- Security and Speed is generally very good and high as all websites are hosted on the company’s servers which hare maintained and managed daily. WIX secure Cloud Based Environment ticks both boxes of Security and Good Speed.
- Support and Library Resources are also very useful .Despite the system really being self-explanatory and easy for anyone (literally) to use, they still do however offer a large number of resources so as to assist users in easily finding solutions.
- Wix App market is also very useful as it offers a variety of advanced tools, that are easy to build-in your site to further customise to your requirements. Yo ucan get access to these by click on the link provided here (WIX APP MARKET) in order to find the best and most popular WIX APPS.
- SEO – Last but not least, SEO is a key part to any companies’ website. WIX has all the fundamentals of SEO well covered. It provides with many awesome SEO features to help your website gain good position in search engine rankings. You can find out more technical details for SEO of WIX Websites
Conclusively, Wix is a very useful platform for start ups and SME’s to help them get a better understanding of web design at a minimal cost and at high speed of turnaround in terms of your website going live. Nonetheless, I should note here that if you were looking for something more complicated or perhaps digitally challenging or customised, then it is probably best to make use of WordPress.
Are you looking to get a brand new website or perhaps update your current one? Feel free to click here to arrange a FREE Consultancy meeting or Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram !