If you have held off introducing video content to your digital strategy, let 2017 be the year that you finally do embrace it. Or at least give it a go. Think about your own personal behaviour when on Social media. Which posts are you most drawn to when you’re relaxing at the end of a long, tiring day? If you’re like most people, it’s going to be the posts that include a visual element to them. As you will see in our stats below provided by Cisco, in 2017 video will comprise 69 percent of all consumer online traffic and almost 90% by 2019 !
So let’s have a look at the 4 most crucial reasons we believe Video marketing should be a part of your strategy in next years’ plans and activities.
Video Selling & ROI
One of the biggest strengths of video marketing is that it’s highly visual and auditory, which means it’s easier for many users to remember than text-based content. When customers remember your video marketing content, they also remember your brand, which translates to more sales and leads for you.
Appeal to Mobile Users
Video and mobile go hand in hand. From 2012 to 2014, mobile video views have increased by 400 percent. YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year. Since people like to watch videos on the go, and the amount of smartphone users is growing, your video audience keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Have a look at the image below providing some great info:
Potential Reach & SEO
Videos allow you to increase the time spent by visitors on your site. Thus, longer exposure builds trust and signals search engines that your site has good content. Moovly gives us whopping statistics: You’re 53 times more likely show up first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website. Since Google now owns YouTube, there has been a significant increase on how much videos affect your search engine rank.
When it comes to potential reach, video is literally “peerless”. Youtube claims to receive over a million users daily which is effectively more than any other Social Media channel other than – off course – Facebook. Over 20 million people in the United Kingdom alone, watch at least 1 Video a day, which is an enormous amount of people (and potential audience). Carefully curated and created videos can bring you closer to all of this like no other median can.
Here are some interesting stats and facts:
- According to HubSpot, 80% of customers remember a video they’ve watched in the last month
- 50% of mobile traffic is used on videos.
- 75 percent of users visit a business’s website after viewing a video.
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others. (Invodo)
- The average internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video.
- 74 percent of B2B marketers say video content converts better than any other medium.
- By 2017 video will comprise 69 percent of all consumer online traffic, according to Cisco
- Marketers using video are growing revenue 49% faster than those who aren’t. (Vidyard.com)
- 53 times more likely to show up First in Google if you have a video embedded on your website.
- 33 percent of tablet owners watch at least one hour of video on their device each day. (Invodo)
- According to HubSpot, 80% of customers remember at least one video they’ve watched in the last month.
Do you need any help with Video creation? I personally work with a number of very talented Video Producers so feel free to send me a message here !